Green Grass and High Tides is a song featured on the Rock Band disc. Although it was originally written and performed by the southern rock band The Outlaws, the version featured on Rock Band is a cover. It is in the last tier for Guitar and Bass, the 6th tier for the Drums, and the 7th tier for Vocals. The game ranks it as the most difficult song on guitar. A number of factors contribute to this ranking - the song is extremely long and has two tricky solos which almost requires the use of hammer ons and pull offs and skill in very fast strumming. The drum chart is not as difficult, as it is a repetitive and relatively simple beat.
Although both guitar solos are difficult, the second one is considerably longer and harder. Guitar solo 2E is the part when most people miss any note. It is highly suggested that players use the solo buttons, (the set of fret buttons nearest to the guitar's body) because then the player does not have to strum each note. Obviously, strumming is necessary during the alternate picked parts, as these are next to impossible to play with only the solo buttons. Bass also becomes tricky at this point, requiring quick shifting and strumming.
For the people who can't pass the song, use your energy phase at the yellow, red, and green, in the long short notes, there's energy phase, its helpful to use your whammy bar on each short long note, in the blue, yellow, and red part, use your energy, its recommended to use it halfway to fail the song. In Solo M, you must use your energy phase.
An unusual quirk in Rock Band's shredboard handling allows users of the Rock Band guitars to hammer on from green to any other note (and, by extension, any note to Orange) during a solo, which is due to Rock Band allowing you to "tap" lower non-chord notes without releasing higher frets as long as one fret on the shredboard is pressed down when the appropriate fret is tapped. Applying this to Solo 2H means you can actually hold down red (on either the low section or the high shredboard section) and tap the green and yellow notes (on the shredboard if the lower red fret is held down), and Similarly, in Solo 2I, you can hold the yellow fret and tap Blue and Red.
- After nearly 10 years of Rock Band 1's life span, AbyssionQC achieved the first on-disc FC (Full Combo) of this song on September 27th, 2017 with a score of 750,218.
- Ukogmonkey has the first FC of this song on Rock Band 2 on February 8th, 2009 with a score of 764,100.
- This song is 9 minutes and 44 seconds long, making it the longest on-disc song in Rock Band.
- It is often compared to Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd because of its length, musical style, and long, difficult, guitar solo.
- The second solo awards 168,600 extra points if played perfectly, the most for any guitar solo on disc.
- The five star cutoff is 271,882 points and the gold star cutoff is 413,095 points.
- This is one of the two songs to be listed under "Impossible" when exported to other games. The other song being Pleasure by Bang Camaro